View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #10
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 03 TXT Upgrade Questions

Travis,
Welcome to BGW, I just joined the forum in Feb 2010, and have received a lot of good advice from the guys here. I am interested to hear what they have to say, as I also have recently bought a '03 txt lifted cart (the one you see to the right). It came with 20 " tires, but I have a gas cart with 22" tires. I put those 22" tires on the electric cart, climbed some steep hills, and smelled something getting hot. (not sure what it was). My cart has 4 ga. cables on the batteries, but still has 6 ga. cables to the controller, motor, etc. You are on the right track with the 4 ga. all the way thru. The controller will improve your torque. I am planning to upgrade to 48 volt, using the same Alltrax controller-(have read a lot about the 48 volt upgrade on this site)

My batteries are getting old, so I had planned to go with 6 eight volt batteries, but the more I read, I may go with 8-six volts. Since your batteries are new, you could add two more and see a lot more speed & torque. Do a search on this site for 48 volt upgrade, and you will get a lot of good info. From what I have been told, the stock motor will perform well with these upgrades, with 36 or 48 volts. You can also send your stock motor in and have it rewound to the specs of the high torque motors.
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote