Old 07-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Purchasing a Club Car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldG1 View Post
Hello,
I am going to look at two different gas powered club cars tomorrow. One cart is a 2001 carry all turf 2 cart with around 2000hrs on it. The owner says it doesn't smoke and has been maintained on a golf course since it was new. I got the price down to 1600 (with new tires) over the phone without seeing it. The owner works for the course so he probably got it cheap. I am going to check the compression on it, Im guessing it should be over 100 hopefully 140-150.

The other cart is owned by a woman that says she thinks its a 94 model but has been parked for over a year and has no battery in it. I am going to take a battery and see if it will even start and also check the compression on it. It has a top, fold down windshield, and flip flop rear seat. She has it listed for 2000 but I think thats high.

What else should I check for and look at besides the obvious things such as belts, filters, plugs, and oil. I have owned a yamaha and ezgo but don't know much about these clubs yet.
Thanks for the help
I can't help you much with the carry all but all the golf course ones I've seen have been unmercifully hammered by $6.50 / hour yobbos with large boots, cut off T-shirts and prison tattoos.
The 94 non runner is a complete joke at $2000 and a leap of faith at best. A pair of belts will run you + - $50, a battery,full carb teardown and rebuild is on the cards and if you can't even drive it, goodness only knows what condition the brakes, rear end and other components are in. I know of a beautiful 2004 DS out here for $2500 and is available with any trial you care to give it. Granted, prices vary greatly by area but $2K for a non running 94 ? It'd be cheaper to rent a trailer and eat a tank of gas to get a better deal rather than have to spend your valuable time politely explaining to some delusional old biddy tending to her geraniums and moaning about the price of tapioca that her deceased husbands cart is only worth $500 at best. The "all it needs is a battery" people are a bloody plague mate.

Chris
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote