View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 05:19 PM   #7
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2014 RXV conversion to LiFePO4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdserv View Post
Thought I would follow up with an update.

It's been about 3 months since installation and the pack has been essentially trouble free. My routine is to charge after [5] 18-hole rounds and based on the aH required from the charger to top them off they are only down to about 45% after 5 rounds. Based on that, I only need to charge about once a week which means this pack will easily outlive the cart even if I only get half the cycle life advertised.

I am using a DPI Gen IV charger in SLA mode and I modified it to include a supervisory circuit to disconnect the charger when the pack reaches 90% SOC. This eliminates the single-point failure risk of relying on the BMS alone to monitor charge progress.

Overall I am very happy with the change to LiFePO4 and these particular cells, but I cannot recommend the supplier I mentioned above since it appears that quite a few problems have occurred with deliveries over the past several months since I received mine. I guess I was lucky in that regard.
Very nice! I have a similar results with my 150ah battery from extreme team. I didn't feel comfortable enough building a battery pack like you did. I'm getting about 18 holes per 10% of battery. Similar to you 5-6 rounds then I charge usually down to 30% before I charge.
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote