View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 06:28 PM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: "Just for Fun" Marathon Project w TXT Front End, HS Gears, etc

Every time I do a TXT front-end swap on a Marathon i keep forgetting to photograph and post the minor cutting involved to make it a "bolt-on" - until now. Add 20min to the clock

Screenshot_2016-12-12-15-48-20.jpg

Screenshot_2016-12-12-15-49-32.jpg

OK, so the top pic shows the 1.25" that have to be removed from the frame upright itself, just make a parallel cut to the existing front of the upright and grind off the off piece of the thick frame that will be sticking out when the cut is made.

The bottom pic is what You have to trim from the metal "dash plate" looking down from above ... Immediately behind the glovebox trim, cut in 3/4" and just to the INSIDE of the last mounting tab on the front make a 3/4" cut, then just radius cut from pint to point (as You can see, the actual "radius" can be an eyeball job, it's hidden anyhow by the plastic dash tray, when You drop the front end on it'll fall into place easily if not, then it's easy to see where another smidge here and there may need to be removed)

At this point, the TXT front will drop right on - You'll have to drill holes through the frame upright for the 2 bolts on each side, use the cowl as a template. Also, You'll need to test-fit and bolt it up, then go inside the cowl from the rear and drill 2 holes that line up with the dash support - You can skip this if You don't want 2 fasteners visible on the cowl, but from what I've found it keeps the new front end from rattling (I'll get pics of that after I head back to the shop)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote