View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #12
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: #90 Main Jet Drill Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez go go View Post
Stump... If you can find a bit and mimic the same process I did, it should work out for ya... I dont know about a " poke and hope " and don't care. Seein as you have a somewhat mod. engine and need more fuel, these clever people that " got together " really doesnt matter b/c your engine isn't stock persay. You can buy larger jets, but opening the bore is possible w/o destroying the jet and is very much worth the PRICE OF ADMISSION!!
Very droll, I was merely trying to point out that taking a stab at a jet size is at best a "guestimation" and at worst could lead to engine damage. As to your comment re "opening the bore w/o destroying the jet", think about that for a moment before you flap your metaphorical gums again, are you deluded enough to believe that the hole could be restored to its original size ? Too large a bore and that thing is toast, period. I have worked on motorcycle and small engines for 35 years and trust me, even small scratches inside those jets will have an effect on the fuel flow that can cause all manner of havoc with the combustion process so whilst I wholeheartedly applaud treestump for the innovative use of his 11 inch Logan, you have to admit that this is a trial and error (poke and hope) method at best. I'm delighted that it worked for his particular set up and i'm all for making modifications to get these these things running better but for you to take the piss out of me for having the temerity to caution against the possible folly of trying to outdo the designers parameters is just plain bloody rude !!
Rant over, let's move on please.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote