View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 03:44 PM   #20
grecoroman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Electric Moke, need more speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
So what I did was jack up one front wheel and connect my laptop. My software shows me the motor RPM. I spun the one wheel by hand with the computer hooked up and it recognized the RPM change. You could do the same thing by pushing the Moke with the laptop hooked up.

This will tell you if the encoder is communicating with the controller and it should give you an idea of the validity of the data it is sending.

My contact in China told me this error code is a bad encoder and just throw a new encoder on there. But for my friend's Moke, the encoder was fine and they needed a new controller.

So if you've checked for loose cables and wires and you've checked the plugs coming from the encoder to the controller for corrosion and you've checked that there is power going to the encoder, then you are left with it being either the encoder or the controller.

----- edit -----

I should mention I also checked the motor first. Have you verified the motor is not having an issue? I just did it on the Moke in this thread with a DVM, https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=172608
Would you be able to share info on the software you purchased? I'm unable to find any. Would love to get a few MPH more about of the Moke.
grecoroman is offline   Reply With Quote