View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 04:08 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to Increase Moke speed to 30mph

You have to find the software and cable to connect to your controller. On the Moke the controller is under the charger. Be careful as the big orange cables are the high voltage cables. Touching the outside of them is fine but don't cut the insulation or touch the terminals. Once you know the controller just start doing internet searches to dig up more info and try to find the software for it. That's what I did. Spent hours online looking for info.

The cable is a little USB adapter that connects the controller to your laptop. I purchased the software and USB cable from a guy in China. I'd guess there's more than one outfit that'll sell it or something like it. The one I bought from appears to be no longer active.

Another way you can increase speed is to increase tire diameter. Be careful with this as too much tire can cause too much strain on the controller. But a little should be OK. You can use the golf cart speed calculator. The diff seems to be close to 12:1 on the Moke I was working on. You can plug in different tire Outside Diameters to see what it'd do to your speed. Doubt you'll get 30 by changing tires, but you may see 28mph.

BTW, the Moke I changed the max RPM to 6,250 on is still running fine with no issues. Just don't touch the other settings and it should be good. First thing I did when going in was take a picture of all the settings so if I accidentally upset the applecart I could easily reset it.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote