View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 05:55 PM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: So..Who's selling a good BMS system for a 48V Lithium Ion Leaf pack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
I wouldn’t think so Dave, but voltage data being passed between units could. Have you checked the REAL voltage with a meter?
I have a separate voltage meter in my dashboard that I can switch between the pack voltage and my separate Marine battery voltage. The pack voltage difference is always .1 between the BMS monitor and the dashboard reading....with the BMS always showing .1 higher.

Thanks for the response though. I'm just thinking out loud...so to speak.

BTW...the cart is running great and the pack charge is strong and last like the day I put it in.

I did place my MM on the pack and it read the same voltage as the monitor. I even checked each cells voltage and compared that to the monitor. All was good and each reading was the same.

The BMS is also keeping the individual cells in balance (it's a shunt balance system). I'd prefer to keep this one (as long as it continues to work properly) but I need to get a handle on the charger and why it's not "listening" to the settings.

I may need to find another charger that is Canbus compatible...if I'm using the correct terminology.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote