View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
30-A rider
Getting Wild

Default Re: DESULFATOR,Fact or Fiction?

Im not experienced enough to say if they work or not but I can tell you what I did. I found a recipe to desulfate batteries and so called "Re Condition" them. What I did was with an automotive syringe I removed all the electrolyte I could from each battery, each cell till I could see the top of the plates exposed with no fluid over them. I boiled up distilled H20 and added regualr old epsom salts to the boiled water and stirred till disolved. The ratio is 1 qt water to 1 cup epsom salts. add the H20 salt mix to the battereis to the appropriate level. Instructions said to shake batteries around to mix them, then a full charge. Im not an exagerating but in my case I shook my whole cart back and forth a few times and went for a ride. Im telling you my 5 year old Torjan batteries and the use cart I had perfromed better than the day I bought it which was just 4-5 weeks ago. Anyway its been 3-4 weeks or so since I did it and it worked great for me. Im not saying its gonna give you a brand new battery nor that it will lat a year because I just dont know ...but for me, my expereince it has worked for me up to this point.
30-A rider is offline   Reply With Quote