View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Default Re: Help with Yamaha Golf Cart please.

I cant find a vin # Plate like on my EZ-GO cart . It might be because the cart was custom Painted and pin striped . I found what looks like a serial number riveted to the frame is that the same thing?

Here is the info i have though. And what i know so far.
-It says on the tag 1998 Yamaha G16E
- The Motor says V36 on it.
- my dad has a 2001 48 volt Yamaha that looks very similar to mine but his batteries sit different in the cart . His go straight across my batteries sit just like my 36 volt EZ-GO. (Not sure if that matters but that is a big difference)
- The throttle (Potentiometer lol however you spell it is working fine and was replaced)
- The forward reverse lever is down by my leg. Not on the dash.
- The buzzer for going in reverse i cant find either and that doesn't work.
From what i see it has a Potentiometer , Controller box (Non resistor) ,Solenoid,Forward and reverse switch, Motor.

I have tried everything and am going Crazy. I cleaned every single connection on the cart and replaced the wires also . As i said before all the Batteries are brand new as i just bought them for my EZ-GO which is now all apart and im basically stuck with no cart for work at the moment.

Could a bad solenoid cause this? if so will any solenoid work?
When a controller is bad it just wont do anything right? (Mine drives fine just very very slow and barely makes it up a slight incline.

Here are some Photos of tags etc :

Here is what the Cart Look like (Batteries to the right hand side came out of it 6 x 6 Volt)

This Photo shows the shifter F/R also dont mind the 2 charger outlets. I changed that to the type i use on my EZ GO and its right 2 Prong 50 amp Plug.

Here is the tag saying Model# and year :

Here is the Sticker showing How the Batteries sit:

And here are the brand new batteries from my EZ-GO and the brand new cables (Every connection including Solenoid ,Motor,Controller have all been cleaned)

Serial Number tag riveted to the frame says : JN8- 205092

I hope this information helps cause i really need a running cart. Right now work is so hard as i take care of a whole camp ground and its huge and walking with all the tools is hell in the summer heat. Getting a cart was a dream come true.

Please Help i honestly exhausted all the knowledge i have in electronics and any knowledge i have of golf carts came from this forum.

Thank you so much guys for the help so far and for helping me further.

MybadOmen / Dave
mybadomen is offline   Reply With Quote