View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Jim77xlh
Not Yet Wild

Default Questions on Jake's lift on G2

I installed a Jake's Long Travel on my '89 G2 and have a couple of questions. First is the left steering arm has what looks like a second steering arm attached to it. Now that I've installed the lift, it's hitting the new shock and preventing fully turning to the left. I'm planning to cut it or remove it, but does anybody know what it's for?

Second question is can somebody confirm if I installed the control arms correctly? The directions and pictures on the Jake's LT lift kit are lousy and I'm not positive I haven't installed the upside down. The attachment for the spindle heim joint is on the bottom of the A arm - can somebody confirm if that's correct?

Final question is the spacers that go on the bolt which holds the spindle (replaces the stock king pin). Should the spacers be doubled up on top of the upper heim joint and doubled up below the lower heim joint? OR should the spacers be on each side of the upper and lower heim joint?

Hopefully the pictures I've uploaded will show how I've got it, for all 3 questions. Thanks for any input. This is my first buggy and I'm really enjoying the build so far. Also, does anybody have any suggestions on how to align the front end? I know what to do with the toe in, but I'd appreciate any suggestions on setting the camber. It's way off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BuggySuspension.jpg (223.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg BuggySuspension2.jpg (224.3 KB, 0 views)
Jim77xlh is offline   Reply With Quote