View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
toyogran
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: TURF 2 XRT uncontrolable!

Thanks 'shoelessjoe' for your response and assistance.
At least I know what it should do now and not expect the engine to 'idle' when stationary like an automobile.
The engine does start OK when you give the gas pedal a push half way to the floor but at the same time the CC lurches forward and the only way to control it is to take your foot off the gas (and the engine cuts out) so you have to push the GO pedal down again and off it goes again!
I have taken the carb off and checked the butterfly and that looks intact and operates ok when the throttle spindle is turned.
One thing I did notice was that the throttle spring seems to keep the butterfly partly open rather than keeping it closed against the screwd stop. I fitted a different spring so that it would keep the butterfly closed with your foot off the gas pedal but it didn't seem to make much difference.
I note that the quadrant arm in the control box actuates 2 limit switches and find that if I hold one open the engine stays running and then if I rev it the clutch engages and the wheels start driving.
So, given that the CC should 'stop and start' can you help me with the correct setup procedure for the quadrant limit switches or other things which may cause the kangarooing I've got.
Appreciate any advice you may have and will try anything which you may think might help. See lots of references on the forum to the adjustment of the cable into the control box but noy sure about the correct adjustment.
toyogran is offline   Reply With Quote