View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 12:14 PM   #17
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 TXT electrical problems / short

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSGreen View Post
yurtle: maybe I'm saying it wrong or reading it wrong - but the way this digital meter reads - when on the ohms settings - if you short the leads together it counts down quickly from 1. to 0.00 Then if the leads are not touching anything (just hanging in the air) it reads 1.0 again. Is there something wrong with the meter ...or more likely the operator?
This is what you reported in your first post

"I disconnected all wires to the motor and checked continuity. I only have continuity between F1 and F2 but NOT between A1 and A2 and not between any of the A and F terminals. Perhaps a bad motor?
Greatly appreciate any advice or testing I can perform to get it running again.

Has this changed?
Since you are getting more familiar with the workings double check this again. Cause the present readings indicate trouble with the motor innards. I think your meter is playing tricks on you if you are reading 1 with the leads in thin air and the reading between A & S terminals may be a ghost reading. See if you can borrow or buy a better meter you can trust. You need one with a R x 1 scale on it. Good you got the solenoid to click. Your motor just might be ok or the A terminals might be open since meter reads a 1 in thin air. Before I would put it back in the cart to try you got to verify the ohm readings. Digital meters can mislead you if not careful. They will pick up stray static electricity when the leads are just hanging.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote