View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 06:57 PM   #34
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1983 EZGO rarely start?? Need help....

To remove the clutch take out the long center bolt. You will need a short rod to sit on top of those threads. You then screw a 3/4" fine thread bolt on top of the rod to press off the clutch. An air impact works best, but it's possible to use a breaker bar, and hope for the best.

This is what you need to remove the flywheel. You can buy them anywhere.
http://www.harborfreight.com/bolt-ty...set-69889.html

The one I bought happened to have a 3/4" fine thread bolt for the center, so it was a bonus for me. The flywheel has two 6 mm bolt holes that you screw into with the puller. Be careful to not hit the pulsar underneath while installing those bolts.

There is no need to split the case halves to remove the seals. Puncture the metal part of the seal. Do not drill a hole. Use a sharp punch. Screw a sheet metal, or drywall screw into the hole. A slide hammer would be real nice now to yank the seals out, but you should be able to find some vice grips, or something to give a good yank.

EDIT: Make sure you don't get any junk down into the case that could destroy the bearings, or else you will do all of the work twice.

Install the new ones with green Loctite. I also staked mine with a hammer and punch after they popped out once.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote