View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 12:02 PM   #33
transfixer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Batteries?! Trojan Vs. Crown Vs. US Batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosa View Post
Thanks for all the info in this thread; I'm needing a set of batteries for a 36 volt PDS cart that stays at our farm. I know that you get what you pay for, and the cart that I use almost daily is set up at 42 volts with 7 of the Trojan T-105 batteries. I occasionally need range in that cart, so I wanted the best pack I could get for it.

But the 36 volt cart is a different situation. We only have 700 acres of land available, it is less than 2 miles from one corner to the other. It usually doesn't travel more than 2 miles in a day, and it's never gone more than 4. I'm thinking I could get by ok with a set of batteries made by a good company, but with less capacity than what I need in the other cart.

I can buy a set of Crown 205s for $540. A set of T-105 is $750. I realize the Crowns will not take me as far on a charge, but I'm thinking it's a moot point in this situation. Am I wrong in thinking that I can save $210 here and be just as well off? I've never bought a set of Crowns before, so I have no experience with them at all. I have been consistently getting 7 years out of Trojans. Thanks

I don't know about all over the country, but around my area most cart dealers carry Crowns, some exclusively, some also carry Trojan, but in general they all say there is very little difference, some say Trojan quality isn't what it used to be ?
transfixer is offline   Reply With Quote