View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: its alive!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmmatt23 View Post
man am i lucky i found a guy in town that has a golf cart junk yard and does work on them out of his house, so mine finally came to life. just needed to be rewired from what looked like a squirrel got to it. but it runs first try everytime know. whew, weight off my shoulder. and i picked up the new deluxe grey boat seats from my work and they fit liked they were made from the factory to go on my g1. now on to perfomance of it. i was suprised at these motors, plenty of power but i hit rev limiter and ive got limiter screwed all the way in. it just seems like it has so much more to give. anybody steer me into the right track as to were and what to do from here?
If you do have a G1, The best "tip" I ever heard is form Tom (cartpartsplus) "A sponsor and a great guy!". Cant find the post but...Take the govenor lever assembly off and "drill" the "keyed slot" out to a round hole" reinstall and .....There you go! Basicly takes the govenor out of the equation. You will find alot more "mods" to do in these forums. You will probably wake up in the middle of the night.....with a dream/vision, don't worry...It happens to the best of us! Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote