Old 07-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
technoid
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G16 Blowing fuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash39 View Post
Hey Everyone,

I have a 1998 G16. Ive had it for two weeks now and and I started having problems during the second week. First I may have a either a battery issue to where its bad and not holding a charge or the starter generator is not recharging the battery. That one Im not as worried about. My BIG issue is I keep blowing my 10 amp fuse and I dont know why. As soon as I hit the gas it blows the fuse. I have no clue when it comes to wiring so when it comes to describing it im a major rookie. I will include a picture so someone can see what im talking about. In the picture the fuse block is just above my finger. Any help that someone can offer would be great

Thanks
Craig
Short circuits and over loads blow fuses. If you have little knowlege of electricity then I sugest you go back to basics. Ohms law for a start. Resistance divided into voltage equals current (amps). If you know what an ohmeter is then that is what you will need to trace your problem. Measure the resistance of the blown fuse circuit. Measure the resistance of the soloenoid coils. Divide your readings into the voltage (12volt). Are the amps higher than the fuse rating? It sounds like a shorted microswitch or bad solenoid. Get the correct electrical diagram for your cart. If you don't know how to read one your done. Get professional help.
technoid is offline   Reply With Quote