View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
kuntrywelder
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Golf Cart/Bicycle Hybrid

Hello, I haven't figured out how to post photos in a post, there is a photo of the rig in my album. The motor is the stock unit that came with the old Cushman Golfster. It is a General Electric 36V and it looks like it says 55 Amps. The cables are the same gage welding cable I use in my shop on my small shop welder. The controller is a Golframa refurb. of a Curtis 1204- 275 Amp. no high pedal disable. The controller had just been refurbed when I bought it. I made the rig weigh less than half of what the Golfster weighed and I expected it to handle these hills around here a lot better than it does. The batteries are 3 Optima yellow top deep cycle rated 750 CCA wired in series. They are in excellent shape so I don't think that is the problem. Maybe I expect too much but with 2 people on it it will shut down and quit going up my very steep driveway unless I get a real good run at it. I thought maybe the controller just limited out when in a bind so a bypass would prevent the controller from limiting the amperage the motor could get. Thanks.
kuntrywelder is offline   Reply With Quote