View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G16-- UNI filter, or factory air filter box?

Hey fellas! I spent the weekend replacing parts in my G16 limo I recently picked up, go it together, and got it running! Drives great too, by the way!

So now I have just a couple little things left to make the engine bay 100% complete. I have a factory air filter box for the cart, just no filter....

$20 will get me a stock air filter or $60-70 will get me a performance air filter. I was thinking of just modifying the factory air box's neck coming off the carb to just attach a circular UNI filter or K&N filter to, and re-jet the carb. Any reason to not go the second route and use a universal-type high-flow filter???

I have the stock muffler currently installed, but plan on likely welding up a spare 4-stroke ATV muffler that I have. I'm sure all of this won't necessarily make for much of a noticeable power increase, but for now I'm sure this little stock motor can use whatever it can get. I do plan on getting the torque kit for the rear clutch, but that aside, what are your guys' opinions on what I'd like to do for the intake/air filter and possibly the muffler? Thanks!!

-Andrew
AGrayson84 is offline   Reply With Quote