View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 08:04 PM   #10
sockeye342
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lithium Pack not charging, but solution is found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The reason I asked for the coil resistance is to make sure it was not exceeding the 1 amp rating of the Zeva HV Solid State Relay.

The relay you linked to (T9AP1D52-36-01) is the kind I use all the time, it only needs 1 watt of power for the relay to close, yours takes over 11 watts which means it also gets pretty hot during use.

Make sure you test the diode since not having a working diode on the Solenoid/relay coil will damage the Solid State Relay used by Zeva.

Since Your Solenoid clicks when you apply power directly to it, that means the Zeva HV is not providing the negative to close the Solenoid.

It could mean the Zeva Solid State Relay is damaged or there is a wiring or condition keeping it from closing.

Look at the Zeva monitor to make sure no cell is reporting over voltage and that the BMS has a green LED (not red) indicating all ports (LV and HV) should be active.

Check to make sure one side of the Zeva HV relay is connected to pack negative (test to make sure the connection is good) and not the Zeva Ground terminal.
Relay does get hot, up to 158 degrees. I think I will order one of the low watt relays you use.

I checked the diode, it is @ 0.754 which should be okay...around 0.7 correct?

Voltage is good on the 10 cells...between 3.96 and 3.98 and the BMS light is green and green flashing when in sleep mode via a toggle switch.

When you say "one side of the Zeva HV relay is connected to pack negative", you are talking about the negative connection on the BMS next to the HV connection point, correct? If so, that is fine.

continuity is good on all the wires...

I hate to say it, but it's probably the BMS, huh?
sockeye342 is offline   Reply With Quote