View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 02:41 PM   #55
XCOP1152
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO works one day, and doesn't the next

Apologies to everyone for the delay posting this update, and big thank-yous to everyone who helped me: radioman, DaveTM, MacGyverr, Cmartin, acguy_409, rose88, Threeput, and everyone else.

Making repairs on my own golf cart was a daunting task. I had NO IDEA where to begin. This forum and it's users saved me a ton of money.

So, on August 3rd I installed the new solenoid (along with resistor and diode). As soon as I reassembled the cart I was happy to hear that "click" that everyone has been talking about! The cart has worked flawlessly since then. My parents have been driving it everyday, multiple times per day.

I am not confident enough to call it fixed just yet, as the problem was intermittent, but this been the longest period without a breakdown in months. Fingers crossed.

I have attached pics of the old and new solenoid. I am not really proud of my workmanship here. The new solenoid was just a bit different than the one it replaced. Plus my heat-shrink was the wrong size, and some of the wires were just barely long enough....but it works.

Thanks again to everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old.jpg (144.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg before.jpg (63.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg new.jpg (162.3 KB, 0 views)
XCOP1152 is offline   Reply With Quote