View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #6
2001bluebird
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo ? 2 stroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
I agree MB with slowing gradually. I try to do that as often as I can. These 2 strokes act like a weedeater engine whose strings are missing, or an outboard motor whose prop pin just got sheared......they will take a while to wind down. I wonder what would be an efficient way to install a cooling fan to remove the excess heat buildup in the engine compartment? I saw a cart a while back that had a small electric radiator "racing" style fan mounted on the front kick panel. I think that guy had a motorcycle enigne in his cart. I ask because it seems after a long high speed run, my engine is pretty hot and loses a small bit of power due to high heat. I was thinking that if I could remove the excess, it might help a bit. I think a richer fuel/oil mix would help with cooling as well but I can't stand alot of smoke.

I remove the rear access panel behind the seat to help remove some heat from under the seat. The only draw back is that all the engine heat ends up on me, makes a 90 degree day seem like a 110 degree day.
2001bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote