View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #18
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

Default Re: "83 EZGO Fuel delivery issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman 007 View Post
Just wanted to update you guys...the old '83 lives to see another season! In summary, I swapped the crank, all the bearings, clutch, and installed new CS seals and she runs perfect. Got sidetracked a little when I still didn't have fuel to the carb. I had to pressurize the fuel tank a bit to get fuel to the pump. Once the pump picked that up I was good to go. Lubed the driven clutch..R&R'd it with racin161 instructions, Thanks.

Thanks Dave B for the advice on the fuel pump/crankcase pressure. There is no way I would have figured that out on my own.

Next project is to try and adapt a top to this thing. I have the factory brackets but I just won't spend the $100+ bucks it takes to ship a new top. Are there any alternatives??
Thanks again to all.....

MM007
Well...I'm back with some more questions. The above thread no longer has the happy ending...at least for now. I had been running the cart around my shop parking lot for a few months and loaded it up to take to Maine where we use it every weekend. It had been running great but not for an extended period. My son drove it for about 2 miles and the cart died. I have fuel to the carb and I have what appears to be decent spark and compression. Here's the kicker..when I spray starting fluid directly into the cylinder and re-install the plug it does not run. Tried a couple of different plugs too. Where do I go from here? THANKS!
Motorman 007 is offline   Reply With Quote