View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 06:37 PM   #9
Venteuri
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Some questions about Lithium battery use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klubber View Post
Thank you for the reply. I have read a lot of the builds and posts. I understand a lot more than my question shows.

I tried to say that the questions were very basic. After looking at the ebay post more thoroughly I realize not quite what I am looking for. So that question answered.

Many post here that a golf cart can go miles before needing a charge. So it can also be driven to being very discharged and not available for use the next day. That is the jy of having family using the cart. So I feel asking if anyone can tell me if Charging after every use will harm batteries is a legit question.

Just wanted to confirm my reducer was good, even though I am confident it is.

Many say cart should never be left charging unattended. Find that a little worrisome,

Last just confirming a source beyond that for which i all ready find that a lot of people use and will ask them the questions.

Hi, I’m also learning about LiFePo4 batteries.
And have similar questions as yours.

This is a very valid question and I haven’t find an adecúate answer. “Charging after every use will harm batteries?”
Take a look at this, it’s very informative: https://ceb8596f236225acd007-8e95328...structions.pdf

It states: “ You can charge your LiFePO4 batteries after each use or when they have been discharged up to 80% (20% SOC). If the Battery Management System (BMS) disconnects the battery due to low voltage, at 100% depth of discharge, remove the load to reconnect the battery circuit and charge immediately. Please note that we recommend storing batteries at 50% state of charge (SOC) to minimize irreversible capacity loss.”
Venteuri is offline   Reply With Quote