Thread: G1 stator help
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 07:11 PM   #1
Teel18t
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 stator help

Hello all, i am a g1 newbie, and i love the site..,anyway a little backstory, i bought one last spring for 200, when i got it, the cart would crank for about 45 seconds before firing and was real sluggish, this progressively got worse.... long story short after a carb clean, tuneup, fresh fuel and a fuel pump i determined that the crank seals were bad... and boy were they ever... piece of cake changing them but the screws that held the timing plate on got destroyed in the removal process.. so i replaced with allen head bolts, never even gave clearance a thought.. but torqued flywheel back down, and gave it a spin with my hand and sure enough.. there was a clicking noise and i knew exactly what it was, so i pulled it back apart and on the stator there are plastic magnet covers and it cracked one.. i dont see any damage to magnets, i was debating putting it back together but wanted a second opinion.. or third or fourth, ...
So i guess my question is, should i even chance a catastrophic failure or am i over analyzing this?.. when i wrenched for harley i saw a few stators that had came apart and i guess thats why i am nervous about it...thanks in advance, any info is appreciated,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14623206210942132814434.jpg (201.7 KB, 0 views)
Teel18t is offline   Reply With Quote