View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default help with precedent light harness wiring

I am confused here, and don't want to hook up my new lights to the wrong voltage.

This is what I got :

2008 precedent "PH" cart. 48 volt, with 4 12 volt batteries.

I bought a bucket harness and I also bought a light kit from stretch plastics, but the wire colors DO NOT match with the directions.

I installed the rear lites, and after I strung the bucket wiring harness out, I plugged the rear lites in. Then I routed the large 12 wire connector and lite switch, to the dash area,. This leaves a black wire ( with yellow bullet connector) and a red wire with a fuse holder, hanging inside the battery area.

I see there is a mate to the black wire ( with bullet connector), hanging out from the obc area. So I take it I push these 2 connectors together, good so far.
NOW this red wire?? The stretch directions say to attch the wire to battery #4 positive. When I attach this red wire, to the short blue wire that is hanging from the positive, and I turn on the lite switch, I can read 49 volts at the front light connector. Isn't it only suppose to be 12 volts there? I don't want to hook the connector up and fry my new lights.

There is also a short blue wire hanging from the battery ( second battery in from driver side) negative.

The stretch light kit came with the real short jumper wire set up, that goes the the front lite and also plugs into the 12 pin connector of the bucket harness. The bucket harness also has a gray wire in the dash area, so I plugged that to the gray wire that was already in the dash area.

Can someone verify if I am suppose to have the 49 volts at the lite harness? If not, then where should I attach this red wire with the fuse?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote