View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
jlloyd
Getting Wild

Not to high jack the thread but I bought an 86 ezgo yesterday and the guy I got it from said he could crank it to show me it runs, we'll he hooked a monster battery charger with like a 200 amp jump start setting to the battery (because he said the battery was weak) and sure enough it turned over really fast for about 10 seconds then fired up.... So we snatched the cables off real quick and loaded it on the trailer after I got home I decided to see if the battery in it would crank it.... I pushed the gas and it turned over and over but would not start. So I had a brand new battery that I bought last weekend for the other cart I'm rebuilding so I put the new battery in the cart,... But same thing
It would just turn over and over but not crank, I Tried everything even starting fluid and nothing. I done a compression check and it was pushing 100 psi.
Also I looked down at the crank shaft seal on the clutch side and the rubber part if the seal was out on the shaft and tore from it metal part so thinking that was the problem I turned the motor over while spraying starting fluid all over the seal and shaft also behind the flywheel..... And still nothing,
I think the battery jumper was turning it over so fast it just couldn't help but fire up
While the new battery maybe won't turn it over fast enough with bad crank seals and low compression... Maybe he has the same problem???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote