View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 07:57 AM   #5
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: zip tie mod - oil light question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Unlikely. Most likely the problem is either the float in the engine side cover itself is sticking, or the wire is shorting out somewhere between the float/switch on the back of the motor and the light.

Is your cart lifted on bigger tires? I’ve never had a stock DS go more than about 20 before hitting the rev limiter. If it was doing 23-24 and getting rattley the rev limiter may either by bypassed or not working. You should be able to go all the way up to the rev limiter with no negative effects.

If your tires are larger then it will go faster, obviously.

6" lift 23" tires.

From the reading I was doing, I was under the impression I might be able to squeeze 25ish+ out of it with the zip tie mod but I never got that far. I was trying zip ties slowly and going around 1 more "rib" of the spring each time. When I got to all but 2 ribs zip tied, it got really loud (my cab doesn't help the loudness) and rattled a lot under the seat, despite it hitting 23 (MAX) a couple times.

Thats when I backed it down, I think I have all but 3 "ribs" of the spring zip tied, and it sounds much better, not revved as high, no rattling, and hits 20-21 consistently.

I definitely never had it cut out (which is from my understanding what the rev limiter with make it do), but it just got too loud for my liking inside the cab. maybe see how it sounds with the doors off. Plus I also read you shouldn't zip tie the whole spring solid anyways because it wears out your cables faster.

I will try to check out the wiring for the light, but I would find it odd it only shorted out when I had the cart floored. But maybe it was just enough vibration to make it happen
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote