View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #7
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help buying new Express 4 maybe

Yep - basically all EZGO's from 1994 through late 2008 had either the 295 or 350 Fuji/Robin twins. I prefer the 350's (obviously due to the extra horsepower) ... The St series are great carts (avoid the ST480 though, those had a Briggs engine, and parts are scarce as well as expensive). The MPT models are my personal favorite due to the longer wheelbase and dump boxes, but if You're looking for something with a rear seat then the ST350 is a great choice (they have the larger 350cc engine as well as the higher-torque clutching of the MPT models so they are well-suited to the added weight of passengers).

As to Club Cars, I have only played around with a few of them over the last few years and personally just can't warm up to them. The Aluminum frames are nice but the Body styles leave something to be desired (to me anyhow) and I'm just not a fan of single-cylinder carts (especially underpowered ones) ...That's not to say they don't have their merits, and possibly a quick trip over to the Club Car subforum would get You some different perspectives from CC owners.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote