View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help buying new Express 4 maybe

I just finished a 2008 build, it's a Workhorse-Style though so it weighs a LOT more than the ST would (meaning I would expect more speed out of the ST) - I just have the governor cranked down (not bypassed) and I am getting a solid 28 on 23" tires. As another example, I have built a TXT with the 350cc, 28deg clutch, a shorter belt, and 8:1 gears in the rear end, that cart ran a solid 35mph with 2 people, and due to the 28deg clutch and the shorter belt, accelerated and pulled as good as a standard cart.

As long as You get the ST350 with the 350cc engine, it *should* already have the 28deg clutch (the number will be stamped on the trans-side of the clutch, it'll say "36" (stock clutch) or "28" (high-torque clutch) - You're looking for "28"...Wiith that as a base cart setup, adding bigger tires will easily get you into the high 20's, and a $300 set of 8:1 gears and a $26 belt will easily put You into the mid-30's. Stock tires and no mods will get you into the mid-20's no problem with governor adjustment.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote