View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 12:41 PM   #8
my1423
Gone Wild

Default Re: Some RXV/TXT Kawasaki Observations, TEAM Clutches

The issues you guys are having with acceleration are all tuning related.
The team clutches are bigger giving you a larger transmission gear ratio.
The issue is these larger clutches are mainly used and tuned for larger displacement engines with lower rpm curves.
Long stroke engines have lower red lines and build torque at lower rpms.
The torque curves look like cliffs on the start and have a long top out and then fall off.
The curves on these little ezgo engines have a long climb very little top then fall off.

You need to either change the main return springs or change the weight of the weights inside to make the engine run at its top torque curve when the clutch shifts.
If it shifts before the peak power you are loosing this power making your cart gutless and slow.

You should get the factory toque curve for your engine. Call team and ask what mods you need to get tuned properly.
There are many things that can effect your tune as well. Pipe and carb changes, engine wear, ect.
There are shops dedicated to doing this.
There are charts available with rpm ranges and spring and weight combos to achieve the proper curves. Have seen many for snowmobile and utvs.

I would open up your drive clutch. See what color springs are in it. Weigh your weights.
A stronger spring possibly lighter weights are probably what you need. But this could be going the wrong way. You may need the opposite. All depends on what is in your clutch.

There is one more issue as well. Having larger diameter clutches that are heavier will make rpm increases take longer. But it also will take longer to bog down and maintain higher power while pulling. This issue only effect sudden changes.
my1423 is offline   Reply With Quote