View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 12:00 PM   #7
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: G1 owner wannabe

Ah, a man of my own kind. I too like old things and, for whatever reason, I got into old carts as a hobby. I now own 8 and take care of a handful of others for my camp neighbors. When I worked on my first cart (an old Harley that my father in law had sitting in his garage for years) I knew nothing about it. Here I am a few years later and, though I am far from being an expert, I know my way around these things pretty well.

One thing I have found is that, for the most part, all 2 stoke motors are the same. I work on all kind of stuff with 2 stroke motors (carts, quads, lawn mowers, etc.) and they all have the same fundamentals. Typically, only ignition systems differ from machine to machine. This would include G-1s and EZ Gos. 80s era EZ Gos are actually cousins to 80s era Columbia carts of which I own 2. There are a lot of common parts between these carts.

You might as well base your decision on the amount of information that's out there, parts availability, upgrade potential, etc. The G-1 is one of the most common carts of all time. Even though these carts haven't been produced in 25 or so years there are still tons of them cruising around all campgrounds. That's testament to a well-done cart. Parts are simple to find and you can upgrade them in hundreds of ways. EZ Gos are nice carts. I have one although it's electric. Go with the G-1 though.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote