View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
bama_brannon
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2002 EZGO TXT Shuttle project

At this point the body was completely off. I had made minor fiberglass repairs to the front seat console and wet sanded all surfaces to 400 grit. I had started off stripping the paint from the plastic which created a HUGE mess. Do not use stripper!!!! Just sand the surface to 180 grit and take it to the painter. But now I am getting ahead of myself.

I found a painter out a small tow north of Gainesville that would do the custom paint I wanted for $500. I left the body with him and then turned my attention to the frame.

I sanded and painted any areas of rust involving the frame and attempted to back out the broked screw I had mentioned earlier. This ended very badly with the front roof support not being salvagable. I ended up having a new support welded on by the local 'Cart Doctor'.

I also removed the old muffler because it was making a horrible noise. I managed to break off both screws holding on the old muffler. I had already learned not to attempt to back out the screws so I just drilled them then tapped the holes. I then installed a new muffler like this one...

http://cartaddictions.com/shop/index...1&currency=USD

It sounds great...

Next I started ordering all the parts I would need to finish the build...
bama_brannon is offline   Reply With Quote