View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #8
bama_brannon
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2002 EZGO TXT Shuttle project

While the body was off with Mark in Port Richey I returned to working on the the remainder of the cart.

I wired the blinker kit and hooked up the break lights. I found a switch for $27 and a break light kit with timer on ebay for $50. I replaced the rear break lights because the plastic was really worn and just wouldn't look good with the newly painted body.

I also cut a radio hole into the dash and dash cover. I noticed that many people put their stereos in the dash but I did not feel this was functional so I cut out the small storage space on the factory dash then outlined it on the dash cover. I used a dremel to do the job and it works great.

The lift kit went in without much problem except the kit did not have the extended front tie rod. I didn't even know I needed one and spent all day trying to make the original work. The people at Jakes helped me out and the Jakes replacement tie rod works as it should.

I ordered the 17" rims and tires from a dealer on ebay. They set me back $1K but look great. Unfortunately, they did not come with spacers for the front which were needed. I managed to order Yamaha spacers from summit engineering but they sent me the correct ones right away.

I ordered the neon from China via ebay. Set me back $50 shipped. Very Easy to install.

I ordered the windshield and front brush bar off ebay. Neither could be installed until the front frame support was replaced. The repair worked great and the install was simple.

The seat covers cost over $300 but look great and were easy enough to install. The cart had always been outside therefore the seat wood had to be replace because of rot.

The diamond plate rockers and rubber mat were plug and play.

I ordered a replacement rivet kit online which didnt seem to have what I needed but I managed to get it all back together and this is what she looks like now..............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2180.jpg (60.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2184.jpg (65.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2185.jpg (59.1 KB, 37 views)
bama_brannon is offline   Reply With Quote