View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
bama_brannon
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2002 EZGO TXT Shuttle project

Now for the punch line.....

The day I had it all together, the project officially finished, after 3 months of slaving over this project and over $6K invested, I almost lost it all.......

The day I had it back together I took it for a test spin prior to presenting my wife with the keys. The cart died in the road. I thought that maybe the carb was gummed up since she had been sitting a while so I sprayed in sme carb cleaner which caused the engine to fire right up................ Literally!!!!!!

The engine backfired through the carburator and a fire broke out. For a split moment I could see in my mind the burning hulk of this cart in the middle of the road, completely destroyed and leaving only a pile of charred metal for me to clean up.

Luckily a young women near by was watering her lawn and help me extenguish the flames. I sent the cart to a local cart dealer the next day for carburator and fuel pump repairs.... I had had enough at that point as was willing to pay someone to repair the engine!!!!!!

She runs like a top now and is the envy of all the neighbors. Thanks to all who post here for their help and I hope everyone enjoys their cart as much as our family enjoys ours!
bama_brannon is offline   Reply With Quote