View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
nhoffman94
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Yamaha G3 Sun Classic Buildup

I recently got a yamaha g3 sun classic that wasnt running. these are pretty sweet carts, have a full roof, windshield, turn signals lights etc. I traded a 1979 Kawasaki ke 100 that i paid 450 for for it. Turned out to have a blown motor, however i bought all of the parts, suspension, swingarm, engine, wiring, transaxle wheels+ tires etc from a neighbor for 40 bucks.
First thing i did was replace the engine with the used one, eliminated the oil injection system, now mixing at 40:1-50:1. Next, i extended the exhaust pipe to the front of the rear wheel so the fumes wouldnt get in the cab anymore. Unfortunately the fun ended after about a day as we were riding it around the city went up onto a sidewalk and hit a major crack at full speed witch caused the steering wheel to turn very qucikly and ran it into a brick building. broke the front end up pretty good, no frame damage, however the key broke off in the ignition so i had to hot wire it.
Now i want to rebuild the front and rear ends so i cut the front off as you can see. i have a rendering of what i want to do as well, excuse the paint drawing i dont have photoshop.
nhoffman94 is offline   Reply With Quote