View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Hyundai motor question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc010 View Post
I am thinking about picking up a Hyundai gas golf cart that cosmetic wise is in great shape but the motor is out and sitting on the rear of the cart. So my question is what motor came in these carts, what is the easiest motor to replace it with or are there parts available to fix the stock motor(do not know what is wrong with it)? The only other option is not to bother with it, but I have caught a cart bug after buying the first 2 weeks ago which is almost ready for paint.

Thanks in advance!
Hey Doc...The engines were a Suzuki. I can't tell you were to get engine replacement parts, sorry. I know most of the engines "granaded" when the cam came apart or the cheap stamped valve rockers came loose..either one useually taking out the block ect. You might want to "search" the forum for Hyundai.....There are guy's that have been doing outstanding things to them! They Hyundai was based on the Yamaha G2/G9. The front suspenssion is almost identical. The rear end is Hyundai with splined axles (I've sold all I had) but the drum/hub is the same as ezgo. I'd can the original motor ect. and install a big block, CPP G2/G9 kits should work with little effort or I see guy's installing "clones". Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote