View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
stinger5
Gone Wild

Default Re: 08 Club Car DS price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofenoFF View Post
I am contemplating a 2008 CC DS for use at lake cottage. I have been told that gas is the way to go as it is a somewhat hilly area. Is $3000 a reasonable price for a pretty much stock cart with just head lights? I plan to do a lift kit, wheels and tires and rear seat...to start. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated
Goof, prices vary wildly across the country, around here an 08 gas CC in good condition would be snapped up at $3000 whereas an electric might sit unloved for months at that price but go to another area and the reverse might be true.
There are pro's and cons to both vehicles such as recharging an electric from your garage as opposed to driving to the gas station or storing gas. On the other hand though, you can carry a spare gallon of gas as opposed to a charger. A set of batteries will cost not much less than a new gas engine and won't last a fraction of the time as a gas engine on a well maintained gas car. Heck, I just sold a 27 year old EZ-GO that was still running on its untouched original engine and I doubt an electric could ever achieve that. Having said that however, the choice is yours. If I were you I would try both versions before pulling the trigger. IMO it's a Ford vs Chevy thing with both sets owners extolling the virtues of the respective breeds.
stinger5 is offline   Reply With Quote