View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #6
sepe
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Hyundai gas cart

I was hoping that you'd chime in. Techinically, it is my parents cart so I'm not really too concerned with the hp of it. If it'll turn bigger tires, it is going to be fast enough. Campground has a 5 1/2 mph speed limit and security that will revoke your permit for getting to crazy.

I've got a background(degree) in automotive technology so I don't think this will be too much of an issue. Also spent a couple years running manual mills and lathes(and doing some programming on CNC machines). Knowing that the G2 lift will work(even if I've got to use a BFH to massage pieces). The only thing I didn't really want to try to make was the lift. The top support, I've already got some pretty good ideas(also going to make sure that the materials are big enought that stereo wiring will be easy).

I've already decided that the blue paint is gone over the winter. It'll get some TLC on the body(it has some scrapes and light gouges).

I kind of like having to do the research and figure out what would work the first time building a cart. I'm already wanting to pick up a 6 passenger or maybe a workhorse to tinker with when I've got the extra cash.
sepe is offline   Reply With Quote