View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #7
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: fuel pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat53 View Post
I did forget to mention that it is a 1986 2 stroke ,, sorry

I WAS thinking of getting myself a 2007 model ezgo 4 stroke ( 350 ) engine ,,but after reading all this posting about adjusting the valves all the time I'm not going to bother with the 4 strokes , on a briggs engine the valves may need to be adjusted maby once every 10 to 12 YEARS . Seems to be an ongoing thing with the cart engines . got to be a poor design .
It's not really a big deal, the problem is the older engines used valves that weren't harden. These tend to wear out sooner than valves made with harden steel. Once they get to a certain point they wear rather quickly. Even then they last quite a while without adjustment. People will sell carts that don't seem to run like they use to, they've been run a bunch of hours and never had them adjusted. People buy them and wonder why it doesn't seem to work right. I have one cart here (with a 350)that i've had and been running for better than 3 years and I never had to adjust the valves yet. It's got 900 and something hours on it. I doubt it has ever had the valves adjusted, I bought it off-lease from ezgo.
The newer cart/engines have harden valves so it shouldn't be an issue.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote