View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
RonP
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New Batts, one last thread on Batts from me

Ok guys, I have used search and read numerous Batt posts, but I wanted to make sure I am understanding and on track to having good battery life after dropping a good chunk of change.

I Installed 6 new US2200 Batts yesterday (man what a difference already). I measured them all individual and they were all 6.26/6.26 volts before I put them in cart.

So I hooked up the charger and it ran for a few hours. While it was charging, the total pack was at 45.1 volts.

I left it charge until it shutoff. They sat all night and this morning before I left work they were 1-6.39, 2-6.37, 3-6.38, 4-6.39, 5-6.38, 6-6.39. 38.3 for the pack

After work I rode it a while and then I measured each one and they were 1-6.25, 2-6.24, 3-6.25, 4-6.26, 5-6.26, 6-6.26. 37.5 pack

So my question is using that state of charge chart that means they were at 80% right? SO now it is charging again.

One thing I noticed, but didn't right any of them down, is when they are charging the individual Batts are not nearly as close in voltage as they are after they settle down like I listed above. is that normal?

SO I read it takes numerous cycles to get them to MAX. Is a cycle just what I did? ride it around the house a bit and charge them right back up?

ALso, how often should I check the water?

sorry guys as I know you have all answered these posts numerous times. I just want to make sure I take care of these things.

Added the rest of my "Mopar" Graphics and I am ready for the track
Seat covers will be on next week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15 July 2009 007ab.JPG (64.3 KB, 17 views)
RonP is offline   Reply With Quote