View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
casetractordude
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy electric club car wiring different than diagrams

got a 36v club car electric, different wiring diagrams than what I found on here. I think that someone wired it wrong when fixing it. I believe it is in the potentiometer. what color is supposed to go to what. Is there supposed to be a hot wire going to the potentiometer then that feeds the solonoids or is it a grounding system where the other exciting post is supposed to be hot other than ground. Or is it a double hot and case grounded. I noticed that the charge wires were hooked up incorrectly, so it wouldn't supprise me that something elose was wrong.

Right now one wire goes from ground to the switch, comes back to the micro switch on the F&R lever, goes to the potentiometer, then of course a rainbow comes out of the potentiometer box to the back-up buzzer, and the solonoids. I have tried to hook that wire that goes to the switch to the positive side, and with the F&R in forward, you push the pedal and the soloid clicks and starts going in reverse. so the solonoids do work and the motor works. this thing has been nothing but a headache and money eater, new batterys and wires etc. The Charger burnt up from being hooked up wrong to the cart.
casetractordude is offline   Reply With Quote