View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Definitive guide for engine swaps? (85 club car)

I put a 6 inch lift on one of my carts and went all out with a long travel one for the other. The regular lift cart has a 16 HP Duromax and the long travel cart one has a 23 Hp briggs. I am pleased with the performance of both. Obviously the Briggs has a lot more power and speed but the Duromax does everything I need. Work around the house, ride trails with hills mud snow etc. Much cheaper, the Duromax was about 285 bucks and the big block briggs kit with the engine cradle , clutch motor header and exhaust was around 2 grand. The Duromax conversion was pretty cheap. Used my stock Yamaha clutch, made my own engine cradle. All said and done with wheels, tires, lift kit and motor about a grand maybe a little less. The other cart ( see my avitar ) All in I have about 3 grand in it. Love em both, but like anything else the more you spend the better the cart is! Tom at CPP is great for any questions and his kits are top notch. Even backyard guys like me have a hard time messing up. Besides great guys on this site have helped me a ton!!!
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote