View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
mjm697
Not Yet Wild

Default 89 ezgo, 244cc robin 3pg, 1st (toy)cart issues.

Hi guys, new to this forum, this is my 1st cart, I've had it about a week trying to enjoy my issues and not get frustrated! Ha!, here's what I have, 89 marathon with the robin 244cc 3pg engine. I have gas leaking from the vent, I was told buy previous owner that was a new carb, and fuel pump,I bought another new one, and same issue? It will not leak while on jack stands, only while driving, I've been reading this forum before joining and here's what I've done and know so far, BBQ'd the muffler, disconnected oiler, removed oil tank, blocked off oiler hose to pump, and hose from carb, disconnected and blocked hole behind carb from oiler, and converted to premix , cleaned wet spark plug, disasembled and cleaned air cleaner assembly. I have checked compression about 122psi..... not sure where to go from here?? Against my better judgment I ordered another new carb (#3) im just having a hard time accepting that 2 new carbs both have stuck floats or something? But maybe the 3rd times a charm?

What next guys?? Thanks so much,.. from buffalo n.y
mjm697 is offline   Reply With Quote