View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #3
mjm697
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 89 ezgo, 244cc robin 3pg, 1st (toy)cart issues.

Glad you mentioned that. the fuel pump has been moved to a bracket near the fuel tank (said it's new), I found out that's not wear it belonged because I bought a new one and the bottom is not threaded for the elbow he put in the excisting fuel pump,(must of tapped bottom of pump?) not sure why it was moved? Should I try to put new one back on motor? The holes look ok, meaning I don't think a bolt was broken inside? I could not find the bolt size or thread count of the 2 missing bolts that would hold fuel pump to engine,I assume he tapped the hole on the motor as well, because there's an elbow inside engine. Here's what I know about excisting fuel pump, it does look recently replaced, I pulled off the hose that goes to engine to see if gas was possibly going into engine, (it is dry, no signs of going to engine), I pulled off hose going to carb and started cart, it is pulsing out, not shooting out, just a little squirt pause and squirt again (steady ).. Im trying to attach pics,. This is a great site, everytime I look up cart question, buggies gone wild pops up, you guys are great, hope I can figure this out? I over paid big time for this darn thing and thought I would get more than a day out of it? When it's driving it squirts out of vent pretty hard??. I also removed gas tank to dump and clean out old debris, gas filter looks new and clean, I'm going to replace it anyway, and will replace gas lines which also look new? Thanks again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141102_123808.jpg (210.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20141102_123901.jpg (158.4 KB, 0 views)
mjm697 is offline   Reply With Quote