Thread: Q
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 04:43 PM   #1
bbooth
Not Yet Wild

Default Q

Hello All! I have taken my mom's old golf cart that has sat for 8-10 years and am attempting to get it going. Ran great for years and then it had a problem not shifting correctly. We took it to guy that fixed them and he replaced a solenoid. It had another issue and we took it to the gentleman but he had fallen ill and could not fix it and has since passed. From there the cart was replaced and has sat in a barn until this weekend.

I was hoping someone could help me. I have found a lot of useful info on here but am still needing a little bit more. I have a 73 DE that will not move either direction. It has all new batteries. When pressing the pedal I can hear the solenoids clicking. The further down the pedal goes you can hear different solenoids going off but the cart will not move in forward or reverse. Is there a way to test the solenoids? According to what I've read it could be the F or R solenoid. I removed everything form the F solenoid's large terminals and was able to get a good ohm reading on the two upper large terminals. The R solenoid did not give me an ohm reading with everything disconnected. But I'm not sure if I'm testing these correctly. I'm hoping to have a little time tomorrow in the garage with out the children helping me so I can make some headway. Before I go and spend the $100 on the solenoid I'd like to know its bad. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on where to start?

Also a big thanks to rib33024 for the service manual link on another thread! I've got it saved and printed to take home! Doing a little reading on the trouble shooting mentions that the ignition switch could be bad. I did notice that when it is in the center/off position, pressing the accelerator pedal causes the relays to click. Is this normal? If the ignition switch is bad, would it cause the relays to click but the cart not to move?

Last edited by bbooth; 03-26-2019 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: Additional info provided.
bbooth is offline   Reply With Quote