Thread: 1989 marathon
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 02:59 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 1989 marathon

Well, she's a goner. It was a fun adventure for a short time but the journey has ended.

Pulled the motor, crank seal behind the flywheel was completely blown out and dangling loose. easy fix. I replaced it and put it all back together, it fired right up, no problem other than the clutch making a lot of racket. took it for a ride and it ran good... until the motor seized after about 5-10 minutes. I can turn it by hand spinning the clutch, but it's not easy. shes not happy. I'm not really willing to put the time and money into it that it would need to be right so I'll probably part it out or sell as needing an engine.

I tried :)

I'll probably list it up for sale as-is needing a motor and clutch locally and see if someone wants it. if it's not sold this weekend then I'll probably take it apart, sell whatever parts are good, and scrap or give away the rest. These OEM parts are to find (Carb, reeds, muffler, etc). after a quick search on ebay, looks like these OEM parts are worth quite a bit so shouldn't be too hard to get my money back and then some. Of course if I go that route, I'll post it up here before eBay.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote