View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 10:06 PM   #10
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Unhappy Re: Hard Starting 1989 2 Stroke

This AM I opened the seat to watch it as it started and saw gas pouring from under the heat shield atop the head and from under the fan cover. After approx 30 secs of cranking it finally started. It took it a bit to burn off the excess gas and then it ran like a top. The only thing I can tell is that occasionally even when the motor is warm, it does this and almost always when cold. This PM I pulled the carb and cleaned it thoroughly, the float and valve all looked ok. No varnish and such. I reinstalled the carb and tried to start it. Same thing only this time there was no gas pouring from the same areas. However, there was still the same strong gas smell. I pulled the plug and it was dripping wet. I checked it for spark and once it was dried off, it produced a brilliant blue/purple flame. I put it back in and it took approx 30 secs to fire off and then burn off the excess gas. I understand that if one or more seals are blown then I could expect a lean mix. I have the opposite. What about the fuel pump? Could it be leaking thru the diaphragm? Frustrating little thing!!!
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote