View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #9
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO clutch removal tool

On the ones I have run into that were *seized tight*, I put the puller in cranked it down tight and *then* with wooden dowel or something that won't damage the edge you can pop the side of the starter pulley and it will come off...

LOVE that one..

Hey there MR. Original Poster,

You can use any 3/4 fine thread bolt as a pusher, and anything that is about 2'' long and strong enough to be the pushed. I used a small diameter socket, a 1/4 '' drive, and once, I used the center core of a leaf spring bushing off an EZ GO.

I have heard of people using trailer hitch balls, which the 2 1/4 uses a 3/4'' thread as a pusher.

Good luck it's simpler that you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstg21 View Post
Your clutch is on a straight shaft, if it isn't rusted on, it should just slide off. If it doesn't, a thump or 2 with a rubber mallet will get it going.

Make sure you put anti seize on the shaft before you put the new clutch on.
Not if it is a stock EZ GO it isn't. If it is a 2001 gasser with 295 ROBIN/MCI engine, it is a 1:10 30 mm tapered shaft.. and using bashing devices on primary and or secondary clutches is highly ill advised, believe me.

I have never put anything back on the shaft as long as it was clean, and maybe enough film left on there to make a difference, but I doubt it.. You WANT it to seize.. it doesn't use a dang keyway, and it isn't splined..
csason is offline   Reply With Quote