View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 02:46 PM   #1
TigerGolfcart
Not Yet Wild

Default Extreme Team 48V 10ah Installed and Results

I waited to write this post after I have been able to use my cart a few times with the new Extreme Team 48v 100ah pack. When the battery arrived, it was low so I couldn’t get a reading off of the 48 volt side, and the 12 volts side would not cycle on. I figured I just needed to charge it, and sure enough, as soon as I started charging it, I was able to connect to the BMS via bluetooth. After charging, I was able to get good reading off of the 48V side. I would turn on the power to the 12 volt side and get good 12 volt readings as well. My cart is out at my cabin, so it had to wait a week before installing, so i took some time to create some wires with Anderson connectors to get it ready to drop into the cart. Overall, I bypassed my OBC, re-wired the solenoid and the controller to the battery with the new wires. I added in a USB and DC power outlet and connected those and the lights to the 12 volt side.

I ended up taking out 6 batteries and replacing it with this one, which saved me about 250lbs. With the old batteries, I had modified torque curve to get around my land a bit better due to the old batteries. With that curve setting, I found that the cart would jump as it took off, so I went back the the standard curve settings. With the old Trojan 8v batteries, after a charge, I could load my cart down with about 300lbs of stuff and ride around running errands on my land. This charge would last me about 2 trips before I couldn’t make it back up the hill without getting out and pushing it back to flat ground. With this new battery, I have made 15 trips around the land, and still have not had to re-charge it yet. It takes those hills without issues with the same load. This battery is top notch and I am very happy with it. I still need to clean up some things in the my battery compartment, but overall, I would like to be able to connect everything to the battery via an Anderson connector, so I can pop it out for the winter. I still have a couple of more wires to do but that’s the overall plan.
TigerGolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote